Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Shadowplay

Today marked our official "Farewell" from LdM. We had a small dinner (tapas-style) thrown in our honor and were seated on the terrace of some fancy hotel of which I can't remember the name.

Anyway, on this terrace dinner party there was a huge sign with the hotel's logo on it. Being the Leo that I am and noting my dear friend's AMAZING camera, I naturally suggested a photo shoot. Silhouette style. Needless to say, insanity ensued.

Also, earlier today (before class) my housemates and I gathered together and climbed Giotto's Campanile, or the famous bell tower, of Florence. Honestly, it was a mere 414 steps compared to the Duomo (463 steps), Siena's Campanile (600 something steps)...and my apartment (73 steps but on a hot day!). At first I was very, very, very reluctant to climb yet another tall building. But somehow I convinced myself that it'd be worth it if I took Quasimodo-inspired pictures at the top of the belltower. Worth it.

Shadowplay:

Kayla, the true arteest

Irene working the sweater, making magic happen

Lisa twerking the angles, making jaws drop

Irene and I truly inspired by Florence...

No, that's not gelato belly. That's my romper belly.

I'm a liger!


And Earlier in the Day...

View of the Duomo from the Campanile

Florence below (Palazzo Vecchio in the distance)


Esmerelda touching the bell...




...AND QUASIMODO LURKING AROUND THE CORNER!!!!!

1 comment: