Sunday, July 11, 2010

Ciao from Venezia!

So after class ended, promptly at 4pm on Thursday, my roommates and I skipped off to Venice for a weekend jaunt. Okay, wow, I can't believe I just wrote that so casually (!). Soon I'll be sipping tea with my pinkie up and wearing a tinted monocle. True story.

I just returned this evening from Venezia, watched Germany go neck-and-neck with Uruguay and am now being the devoted blogger that I am. Well, sort of. Over here, the night is growing quite late, but I wanted to check-in before I headed off to sweet dreams of baccala and perfectly grilled salmon (much of what I loved in Venice).

Yes, though Venice is famous for their gondolas, their water roads, their paper mâché Carnival masks, and glass-blowing (technically Murano, though), little known though incredibly diverse is their food scene, specifically their seafood scene. Just had to whet your appetite of visions to come with this blog! For now, I will sleep and leave you with some antipasti, er pictures...


San Marco Square




Hungry??

1 comment: