Friday, July 2, 2010

Buongiorno il mondo di internet!

First and foremost, my warmest Ciao and Buongiorno!

Welcome to my blog! I started this in honor of my trip to Florence, Italy where I'll be studying Art Restoration in the epicenter of the Renaissance. Yes, the Renaissance.

I know it'll be a challenging journey full of meanings lost in translation and travel angst, but I know the food, the history, the culture and architecture will ameliorate any qualms about this trip. Please follow along as I, a sassy Vietnamese gal, take on Florence!

I'll post updates on my trip's higlights, lowlights, sketches, and musings. I'm boring, certainly, but Florence (fortunately) is not!


Anyway, it's been a whirlwind of activity thus far, but I can finally write that I'm safe and settled in Firenze, Italia.

I left my home country--good Ol' US of A-- on June 29th and arrived in Firenze a June 30th. That I should consider Day 0/1.

Onto recent news, though...

Days 3 of Aivisaur does Italia

Highlights include
-arriving safely
-surviving a flight packed with Asian tourists. Nail clipping and gutteral shouting abounded. (It's okay, I can write this--I'm Asian.)
-staying at the Hotel Universo and strolling through la piazza di santa maria novella
-sketching la chiesa di santa maria novella and listening to a vagabond play classical guitar on la piazza
-moving into my apartment safely, though what shouldve taken 15 minutes to walk there took 1 hour
-maneuvering around the city with my fabulously flowing Italian (read: much dictionary-consulting and hand gesturing)
-chowing down on espresso and AMAZING pizza

These are only the highlights! I will attach sketches and pictures once my tetherberry starts working. As it stands, Im stealing the interwebs from remote locales and hopping onto illegal wireless addresses.

Just kidding, Im using the school library.

Oy, one last thing! As a favor to a **spesal** family back home, I've started Operation: Country Gentleman Hat, similar to the prodigious Gnome project. Follow along as you see where it goes!

More to come! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment