Sunday, July 25, 2010

Bo-Bo a Go-Go

So, I'm finally making a dent on my Amici Degli Uffizi card, Praise the LORD. I spent most of my day/afternoon in the Boboli Gardens relaxing, sketching, and sweating--oh, and getting yelled at by a rude British woman. Anyway, the day unfolded quite nicely: after service at St. James I grabbed a quick lunch from the famous I Due Fratellini panini shop. It's a tiny hole-in-the-wall place (from the street, you literally walk into a small open space and order at the counter which barely fits two tiny Italian brothers) but proffers a dizzying array of panini: prosciutto crudo and mushrooms, wildboar salami and butter, pecorino tartufo (truffle) and arugula, herring and parsley sauce, aged lard...the list is endless. The best part is they use only Tuscan ingredients and have been serving since 1875. Gotta love 'em. I got the Tuscan salami with soft goat cheese and fennel. DIVINE:



To make sure that I get my moneys worth from the Amici Degli Uffizi card, after lunch I headed straight to the Boboli Gardens and Pitti Palace, and, by the way, I still love seeing 0 Euros as my cost on the ticket (!!!). It was absolutely gorgeous weather today, so I brought my trusty sketchbook and Country Gentleman Hat. I found a great view near the Porcelain Gallery and sweat --er, sketched-- away. Needless to say, after a few hours in the sun, I definitely needed one of these Medici-sized baths:



Anyway, I hope your day Sunday unfolded nicely and was something a go-go!


BOBO EYE CANDY AHEAD

Cypress Alley
Note: I love cypresses! Cypressi? Who knows. I think I started loving them since I discovered Van gogh's minor obsession with them, too...

The View from the Porcelain Museum

The interpretation. Hm, more poor man's French Impressionist than 15th-century Leonardo da Vinci, but it'll do! I got a little lazy with the tower dimensions so it's on a diet too. Apologies for the poor lighting; LdM apparently doesn't believe in AC or central lighting in student apartments...

1 comment: